Monday, November 15, 2010

12. Revision to BTR 1 and 2

Hi there. So my mom wrote my previous two posts, and commented that my explanations weren't in detail. Hence I went back to my previous post and find that there is no way I can summarize Genesis chapter 1 and 2. Each sentence and each word is important enough for you to know who God is and how did man sinned.

So I figured out to put things this way. All I can add on is by telling you that
  1. Genesis is the first book in the Bible.
  2. Genesis chapter 1 describes the seven days process of the creation of our mother Earth, and all living beings and elements. The order of the creation goes like this according to each subsequent day: light, night and day> water and sky> seas and dry land producing vegetation, plants,trees,fruit with seed in it> seasons,day,years, sun and moon> sea creatures and birds, both with reproducing powers> livestocks on land, wild animals> man> on the 7th day, God rested.
  3. Chapter 2 talks about Satan or devil in the form of a serpent, deceiving Eve to break God's command, that was by eating from the tree of the knowledge, which God commanded them not to, or they will surely die. Now the word DIE, means dying spiritually, being separated from God, because man now is with sinned, hence they cannot live together with God anymore. And because they broke God's command, God punished them and cursed the serpent.
So basically, these are the main points you need to know. Do put the Bible in front of you or open an online bible site if you are not familiar with it, it will just take you around 20 minutes to finish up two chapters. =)

So my upcoming words are related to Genesis chapter 4, 6, and 11. After finishing relating those few Chinese words I've learnt from Pastor Kong Hee, we will then see the similarities between the Chinese SHANG DI, and the Hebrew JEHOVAH or YAHWEH, the Lord our God. Taking documents and records from the Chinese history, we can clearly see that the Chinese people , way back 4500 years ago, believed that same singular supreme God that I am believing right now, the God who is our Heavenly Father, and Father to Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment