Tuesday, October 26, 2010

9. Living under His Lordship

They say when you accepted Jesus Christ as your LORD, living under His Lordship will be by obeying Him in the daily affairs of life. In John 13:13, Jesus declared that He is the teacher and the Lord. This name, Jesus Christ, is a name given by God, that at this name, every knee shallbow, in heaven and on earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord to God's glory (Phillippians 2:9-11).

Everyone, good or evil, angelic or devilish, can call Jesus as Lord. What significantly tells if Christ is truly Lord of your life is by DOING WHAT CHRIST SAYS TO YOU (Luke 6:46 - ''Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do what I say?'').

The three basic requirements when we decided to follow Christ:
  1. Deny ourselves; to put God as the top priority through Jesus Christ. We must put behind all things on earth, which does not limit to our parents, family and loved possesions.
  2. Take up the CROSS daily; well, for a moment, i thought. When I read this myself, thoughts of Jesus, His crucifixion, and persecutions are in mind. Firstly, he cross gave us significant pictures of Jesus's sufferings and death, from this view, I know that calling Jesus as my Lord, I have to suffer for His sake and be persecuted on earth. Secondly, the cross also reminds me of the cleansing of my sin and the death of my past and renewal of my spirit after receiving Jesus on the cross. So 'taking up the cross daily' also tells me that I need to confess daily, and repent of all new sins and be purified in His blood daily.
  3. Follow Jesus Christ. Very subjective and strict. Which standards and what to follow? The Word of God and His Holy Spirit is guiding us on this.
I've been telling myself and people around me that I am living under His Lordship for 4 years now. And reviewing about His Lordship gave me doubts on myself, again, as usual. Every single time I asked myself, did I put the Lord first today? Are my actions according to His ways today? And yes, the answer will be no, and I'm ashamed. =/

Putting God as the top priority seems affordable from the beginning. But as I lived and breathed, I learnt that God requires so much discipline out of me. Acknowledging the Lordship of Christ in my life from these areas based on two BIG questions.

  1. Am I willing to do whatever Christ desires in this area?
  2. Will I be able to thank God sincerely for whatever may happen in this area?
Areas:
  • Self-fulfilment
  • Financial Management
  • Family Relationships
  • Use of leisure time
  • Friendships
  • Possessions and Addictions
  • Work Habits
  • Helping other people
  • Life Goals and Motivations
  • Physical Health and Wellness
I have uncountable flaws, and I really need the Potter daily. I need to be beautiful before Him when He comes to pick me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment